Welcome to the Measure A school bond website hosted by the Garden Grove Unified School District. This website provides factual information about Measure A, the school bond measure approved by GGUSD voters on June 8, 2010. Measure A provides $250 million for modernization projects for district schools and enables the GGUSD to secure as much as $200 million in additional state matching funds.
As an added funding bonus, the district obtained an additional $47 million in supplemental school improvement grants, increasing the total projected Measure A budget to $503 million. Measure A investments will provide a significant boost to the regional economy in the form of needed jobs, business-to-business transactions within the construction supply chain, and increased spending by newly employed workers.
- Renovating electrical circuitry, plumbing, lighting, roofing, intercom, and fire safety systems
- Improving energy efficiency
- Replacing doors, windows, and outdated heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Updating playground safety matting
- Upgrading telecommunications systems to accommodate current technology
- Replacing restroom and drinking fountain fixtures
- Retrofitting schools for better accessibility for the disabled
- Replacing water and sewer lines and drainage systems
- Replacing and or repairing playground asphalt surfaces, classroom ramps, and sidewalks
- Refreshing classroom interiors that may include painting and flooring
Under state law, bond money can only be used for acquiring, constructing, or improving school facilities, and furniture and equipment. Bond funds will be deposited into a special account held and monitored by the Orange County Treasurer to ensure proper fund allocation, and are subject to independent annual financial and performance audits open to public scrutiny. Also, a Citizen’s Oversight Committee will be established to assure the appropriate expenditure of Measure A funds.
The use of Measure A funds for teacher and administrator salaries or operating expenses unrelated to bond measure projects is strictly prohibited.
You are encouraged to bookmark this site and return often to stay current with events and actions associated with Measure A and the Garden Grove Unified School District.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the district Public Information Office at (714) 663-6503.
For additional information about Measure A, simply select the links appearing on the right.